Welcome, your Highness! A vast land awaits your settlers and is ready to be colonized. Send your architects and builders to plan and construct a city. But also send your craftsmen, to cut some wood and to mine ore. Make sure your fields are on fertile grounds, to get all the food for your hungry subjects! Townsmen – A Kingdom Rebuilt hands the crown to you: Guide your people from their first steps in a small village to a massive medieval metropolis with thousands of inhabitants.
Overcome the challenges that lie ahead. Your citizens have various needs in order to stay happy. And you have to keep them happy, to keep the tax coins rolling which you need to build even more. Beware, as there are many things in the world that will disturb the happiness: Seasons will change the demand for certain goods – more water is needed during summer, more clothes in winter. Catastrophes may hit your prospering city, the plague, a large fire or an avalanche won’t make anyone happy nor will a bandit attack!
A huge variety of houses to build and many different jobs for your subjects will keep you busy. The armory will produce weapons for your soldiers, to keep your citizens save from bandits. The bakery or the butcher’s workshop will provide food, the monastery, the juice manufacture and the vineyard will bring the drinks – and everything can be bought at the marketplace! Make sure to have an eye on the daily routines of your people – besides jobs & food, they also need a place for recreation like a park, houses to live and entertainment in the jousting grounds or the tavern!
Each of your deeds is meaningful: If you order your folks to build a house, if you send them to a new job – everything will reward you with experience points. This progression system will allow you to research techniques that for example increase the amount of taxes you get or make your watchtowers more efficient. In every map you play!
- Remastered City-building gameplay set in medieval times
- Complex economy sim and deep production chains
- Over 150 different town and production buildings
- Seasons and weather effects that influence gameplay
- Citizens have their own daily routines with different demands
- The overarching “town level” brings player progression for every single deed
- Devastating disasters like fire, disease, drought and many more
- Optional military feature with soldiers and bandits
- New townie language for livelier interactions
Townsmen – A Kingdom Rebuilt: The Seaside Empire
Embark on a journey to build your Seaside Empire! Set out into foreign lands! Leave the Kingdom of old and settle in a new empire by the crystal clear water of the Mediterranean. Send your workers to plan and construct new settlements in a completely new environment with a fresh look and feel. Expand on the existing gameplay with new buildings, like the military castle that allows for easier defense, the coastal harbor that increases your trading capabilities, or the inn that helps you earn money for having a beautifully decorated town. A vast amount of new decorations and other useful buildings allow you to create the medieval seaside metropolis you have always dreamed of.
THE SEASIDE EMPIRE DLC also adds another layer of depth with the introduction of difficult moral choices and decisions in the new short story events. Send your villagers on expeditions and adventures or help them with their daily life in a medieval town. Deal with new disasters and weather phenomena. Listen to relaxing new songs and let yourself get carried away by the ambient of the Mediterranean coastline.
- Completely new Mediterranean tileset including several new maps
- New scenery like beaches and vegetation
- 6 new scenarios
- 9 endless mode maps including 48 random story events
- Unique skins for all buildings
- Choice & Consequence story events
- 11 new buildings including 2 new astles
- 26 new decorations
- New songs for your enjoyment!
- Available Platforms:
- Nintendo Switch
- PC / Steam
(Townsmen – A Kingdom Rebuilt only, Netflix account required)
- Game Controller Support:
- Supports all current Nintendo Switch controller variants
- Special Features:
- Completely new Townsmen UI
- Remastered Sounds
- Adoring Townsmen language in voiced diaologues
- Age Rating: